Good News from the Sun (part 2)
CURRENTLY NOT ON DISPLAY
Good News from the Sun (Part 2) is a short video project that uses puppets, live documentary footage and animation to tell the story of a theatre director who is asked to work with local youths in her village to create a play. The power dynamics shift as the teenagers grow up and move on to bigger cities and with their lives, leaving the director without a group to work with.
Alone, tired and jaded, the director resolves to find success in her work against all odds.
STO Union gratefully acknowledges the support of the Canada Council for the Arts on Good News From The Sun. Funding has been provided by the Roadmap for Canada’s Official Languages 2013-2018: Education, Immigration, Communities.
- Written, directed, edited and produced by: Nadia Ross
- Technical director, head props and set, creative collaborator: Rob Scott
- Original music: Wayne Hunter
- Performed by: Richard LeBars, Agnes Krischel, Sarah Conn, Nancy Hildinger, Natasha Grimard, Mara McCallum, Maddie McKinnell, Hannen Sabean, Lori Doran, Tom Werbowetski and Nadia Ross
- Assistant director: Sarah Conn
- Props, Set, support: Rob Scott, Nadia Ross, George Acheson, Randy McMillan, Michelle April, Agnes Krischel, Ulrike Fraembs, Alexa LeBars, Coleen Williamson, Ryan MacDonald
- Additional footage: David Nobbs, Luc Paquette and Jesse Williams
- 2016 / FARRELLTON, CANADA
- June 3rd – 5th, 2016
- 2015 / OTTAWA, CANADA
- Magnetic North Theatre Festival’s Encounter Series
- June 11th, 2015
- 2014 / TORONTO, CANADA
- The Theatre Centre
- October 25th, 2014
- 2014 / WAKEFIELD, CANADA
- Kaffe 1870
- October 11th, 2014