About STO Union
Live and digital art, performing arts and creations
STO Union presents a new vision of how to create, participate, and experience live art and the performing arts is an increasingly technology-driven world. We believe in the power of the arts to unite us, to bridge our differences, and to ignite change.
STO Union HIGHLIGHTS
STO Union’s productions and its collaborators have been recognized with the Chalmers Award, the Dora Mavor Moore Award, and the Contra-Guy Award. In 2016, artistic director Nadia Ross also received the Siminovitch Prize, which spotlights excellence and innovation in Canadian Theatre.
STO Union productions have premiered at established venues in Canada and abroad.
Our national and international co-production partners have included:
- Le Festival de Théâtre des Amériques/ Festival TransAmériques (Montréal)
- Hebbel am Ufer (Germany)
- Bit Teatergarasjen (Norway)
- Theater der Welt (Germany)
- Brut Kunstlerhaus (Vienna, Austria)
- The National Arts Centre (Ottawa)
- The Theatre Centre (Toronto)
Our work has been presented at theatre festivals around the world, including:
- UCLA Live! (Los Angeles, California)
- Festival TransAmériques (Montréal, Québec)
- The National Arts Centre (Ottawa, Canada)
- The Rotterdamse Schouwburg (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Kulturhuset (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Hebbel Theater (Berlin, Germany)
- Théâtres du Monde and FTA (Montréal, Canada)
- The Simple Life Festival (Berlin, Germany)
- SummerWorks (Toronto, Canada)
- Belfast Theatre Festival (Belfast, Ireland)
- Theater Regentes (The Hague, The Netherlands)
- The Hong Kong Festival (Hong Kong)
- Magnetic North (Ottawa and Vancouver, Canada)
- The Melbourne International Theatre Festival (Melbourne, Australia)
- Kunstenfestivaldesarts (Brussels, Belgium)
- Vienna Festwochen (Vienna, Austria)
- Undercurrents (Ottawa, Canada)
- Theater der Welt (Bonn, Germany)
- Mousonturm Kunstlerhaus (Frankfurt, Germany)
- Theatre Grand Junction (Calgary, Alberta)
- The Baltic Festival (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- PuSh Festival (Vancouver, Canada)
- The Meteor Festival (Bergen, Norway)
We also wish to acknowledge the hard-working people, volunteers, and partners that help make STO Union productions a reality.
Board of Directors
- Franceska Gnarowski, President
- Denise Deziel, Secretary
- François Édouard Bernier, Treasurer
- Agnes McMillan, Past President
Partners and Volunteers
STO Union engages in multiple partnerships with different organizations and artists on a project-by-project basis. Please see credit listings on each project.
STO Union has had the support of hundreds of volunteers, many of them residing in the small communities of the Outaouais. We are eternally grateful to all of the hundreds of people that have lent a hand in all aspects of show creation, production and dissemination.
STO Union’s volunteers inspire us to keep going.
Last, but certainly not least, STO Union wishes to acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts and the other public funding agencies that have supported STO Union projects throughout the years.
STO Union acknowledges that our headquarters, located in Farrellton, QC, are on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of the Anishinaabe Algonquin Nation whose presence here reaches back to time immemorial.